All current and former members of the U.S. Armed Forces may participate in the program for counseling and employment facilitation services.
Military Service requirements to receive a financial bonus (must apply within three years after separation/ retirement from service to be eligible for bonus)
- Retired from active duty
- Active duty member with approved date of retirement with one year or less remaining before retirement
- Transferred to the Retired Reserve
- Retired or separated for a service-connected physical disability on or after January 8, 2002. (Physical disability must be noted on service separation document, not a VA determination)
- Individuals transitioning from active duty on or after January 8, 2002, and have served four or more years of continuous active duty immediately before separation, and execute a written agreement to serve for three or more years with a Selected Reserve unit
- Individuals that have completed six or more years of creditable service towards retirement on or after January 8, 2002 and execute a written agreement to serve for three or more years with a Selected Reserve unit
How can we help?
The program provides counseling, employment facilitation, and financial support services for eligible participants to help them meet education and licensing requirements to teach and subsequently secure employment.
Student Margarita Romero, right, explains her robotic system to Troops to Teachers alum and Sunnyside High School STEM teacher, Spencer Martin, left.
Photo credit: Courtesy photo of Spencer Martin
How long will it take to obtain my teacher certification?
While every individual is different, Washington's alternative routes to certification make it possible for those with at least a bachelor's degree to be in the classroom in less than a year!
For more information on Washington's alternative routes to certification, visit the, Professional Educator Standard Board's Alternative Routes to Teacher Certification.
The first step to get started on your next adventure in the classroom, is to
register at PROUDTOSERVEAGAIN.COM.
Connect with us:
Photo Credit: U.S. troops on patrol in Kandahar province, Afghanistan in 2012. (Photo: Defense.gov/ Senior Airman Sean Martin)
Why Teach in Washington?
According to U.S. News and World Report's "Best State Ranking,"? Washington ranks number 5 based on factors such as great education, low crime, healthy economy, and an abundance of job opportunities.
It's also the only state that has lush rainforests, impressive mountain ranges, big cities, deserts and beautiful beaches all in one place.
Seattle, Mount Rainer, scenic city
Photo credit: Foter.com
Phone Number: 360-725-6412
Email: TroopstoTeachers@k12. เล่นคาสิโนออนไลน์ให้ได้เงิน www.battleskagalactica.com